Sorry, no posts lately! I've been busy and then when I had a free minute, I just took a nap...yes can you believe it! I took a nap! It felt great!
Anywho...we had a baby shower for Trisha and her baby to be, Trinity! It was so much fun planninf for the shower! Making invites, making decorations, favors, making plans, buying gifts and making a diaper cake. The girls were a great help (most of the time)! I love doing this kind of thing. It's lots of work, but it sure doesn't seem like work...it is fun!
All of her goodies before she started opening. Left to right are Chris (my Mommy-in-law), Aunt Jan, and Trisha (Baby Trinity too, if you are being technical)
My rendition of a diaper cake. It took a whole pack of size 1 diapers for the bottom 2 layers and about 8 of the newborn diapers for the top layer. The base is wrapped in a receiving blanket and the middle layer also has a receiving blanket wrapped around it. The other 2 layers have ribbon. The middle of the cake has a the cardboard from a paper towel roll and then I shoved a bottle brush in the middle of that to help hold up the bunny blanket. This is the back of it, just more baby items shoved in the front.
We ended up with about 15 - 20 people, not including kids, and tons of baby gifts! SOOOO FUN!
Left to right: Trisha B and baby boy, Danni (and baby-to-be), Patricia, Trisha (and Trinity)Mandy, Tiffany, and Emma and me. Just some of the attendees.
The cake table, look at the punch, it was so foamy and cool looking, we hated to drink it, but it tasted even better!Well, I have lots more to talk about, but that will have to wait for other posts.
ENJOY the new layer of snow! (For you not around VW we got dumped on last night...and it isn't finished yet!)
4 comments:
what a teaser!! I was so excited to see pictures from the shower!
When I got on yesterday there was just a title to the blog, but no blog. I love the diaper cake. It was full of SO many goodies! Makes me want to make one! :)
Awesome diaper cake. What a great idea! Looks good.
Wow...you throw a great shower! That diaper cake is adorable! And Trisha is so cute pregnant it makes me sick! :)
Post a Comment