Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Friday, September 12, 2008

Preschool, volleyball and babies...Oh My!

This week was a week of firsts! Emma got to go to her first evening of Preschool this week. Actually, it isn't officially preschool it is Early Intervention (E.I.) out at Thomas Edison. Emma is going for speech, but it is good for social skills, gross and fine motor skills and other educational things. (I'm so technical I know) I get to go with her...she goes once a week from 5:30 - 7:00 pm. This week she had a great time! She even learned how to sign the words "more, please and done" she was very proud of herself, as was I! The idea to signing is that once they realize they get reaction from the signs, then they will try using the words, because everytime we sign we still speak the words. She has been using her signs at home...she is even now using the sounds mmm, and ooh. We have a long way to go, but it is a start. She even made new friends and gets to play with lots of new toys. I took a picture before we went in, but didn't take any inside...I'll try to take some next week to post. They are too cute in class!
Laine started volleyball this week. I forgot to take pictures, so I'll have to post some of those later. She did a good job, but was getting tired. She had had Roadrunners (a running/fitness program) right after school then I picked her up and took her directly to v-ball practice. She is enjoying Roadrunners (which I hoped she would, but wasn't sure) I'm glad to see her starting to get involved. I didn't want to push her into things, but at the same time I want her to get involved...she is growing up so fast!
Oh how I love babies...I got to hold an 18 hour hold baby today!!! My friend, Nikki from work had her baby last night. My break group went together and got some cute boy baby outfits and took them up to Mom, Dad & Baby today at lunch. It was sooo much fun and he is sooo adorable! You forget how small they are when they are born! Here is a picture of the adorable little man!!!

Well, I hope you all are planning on rooting on the Buckeyes! Sounds like they are going to have a big fight on their hands against USC. It sounds like Beanie won't be playing again, so yell loud and cheer them on! Go BUCKS! The Cougs are in a fight tonight I'm off to find it on the radio..Go Cougs!

1 comment:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Aww! That's such a cute baby!!! :)