Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Volleyball and Farmin'

Here we are almost at the end of another week....I think we'll make it!

Work has been busy, but lots of fun like always...I've been working on a couple different things, which keeps it interesting!
Monday, Grace found out that there are only about 8 kids on her v-ball team so they won't actually play games, they will just have clinics/practices every Monday night. They did get t-shirts though. I'll try to take some pics next week of her "team."
Laine's team had their 1st game on Monday night. They won the 1st game, then lost the last two by the scoreboard, but they did great! Especially, compared to the games last year!

Laine got almost all of her serves over the net...I was very proud...last year I think she got 1 or 2 serves over all year! She even got to pass a couple times and she got it over then too! She had a great game and the parents are all very supportive on her team...I'm very thankful for that! The parents all clap for the team and always give them a "good try" or "you're doing great" that is always nice to hear, as a parent and as a kid!


On the way home from the game, I asked the girls if they had a good time. They both said they had fun. I was very glad to hear that! Then Laine said something and I thought she said, she was bored playing volleyball. So to that I said, "I thought you said you had fun." She said, "Ya I did...Mom, I was born to play volleyball." Can you believe that!! I about died! She was soooo serious when she said it. I laugh everytime I think about it! Kids, say the darnest things!

Changing gears, the 3 baby cows have been brought out here with the other cows...they seem to get along pretty well, for the moo-st part! ;) They are all pretty neat to watch, if you haven't been around them much before. Emma loves to hang out with the cows. She even likes to go into the pasture with them (as long as an adult is with her).
Wednesday night they bailed hay for the last time this year. Which for Jerry's sake is good. This week farming has been dangerous for him. Monday he came home and said the hay bind fell and landed right on his left foot....all the guys that were there couldn't get it picked up off his foot. His dad had to get the backhoe to lift it up. He of course would not go to the hospital/dr. to see if it is broke or smashed. The only good thing is with his work boots it is ok for him to get around on it through the day, but as soon as he takes them off...it swells right up! Now it is getting a really colorful look to it, see...





Then Tuesday night they cut they cut the hay and tried to bail a couple and Jerry pulled one of the bails up on the trailer and his foot fell right throught the trailer. It was the same foot, but luckily he wasn't hurt. We all just started laughing.....just his luck!

Bailing went pretty well on Wed. night. They got it all finished and I think Emma and Grace had just as much fun as the guys did. (Laine was at church while this all took place)

Well, I need to go...starting to get a sore throat, so better get some meds and hit the sack early!

Keep posting on your sites and leave some comments on mine....as Laine says, "Mom, your addicted to those blogs!" ....I think she might be right! :)

1 comment:

The Life and Times of 3 Biberstines! said...

Wow, I guess you are right...he really did nail his foot!! I'm sure Mike wouldn't get it looked at either...must be a guy thing!