Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Basketball and Birthdays!

January is a busy birthday month around here...3 of the 5 of us have our birthdays this month.  We also have Uncles and many friends with January birthdays.  So there is always talk about someone's birthday.

Well this year has been no different.  Emma turned the big 5 on Tuesday and she was sooo excited.  We got her some fake nails (stick ons) that we had to put on for school (she came home with 2 left on). She also had to have her hair curled...she slept in foam rollers for the first time and did great!  She also got to pick out her clothes...what a crazy girl!  The best was that she thought she was going to wake up on her birthday and be a lot taller!  I love the way little kids think!   Too cute!  I posted something on Facebook that it was her birthday and I swear she got more messages than I do on my birthday!   She also loved hearing who all left her a message!  She had the biggest smile when I read them to her!  So if you were one of those people.  Thank you for making her day special.  She got a special gift when she got to Grandma's after school...Aunt Trisha, Trinity and Baby Will were there for a visit which was also very special to her!  Here are a couple pics that morning before school.






Grace & Emma started back up with gymnastics in January at the YW and Laine started Basketball again, but this year at the YM.   So far it is going pretty well, she enjoys the girls on her team they all are nice girls.  It is a messed up little league, as there are only 3 teams and all the 6th graders seem to be spread among only 2 of the teams.  But I think they are all still learning.  Laine is also doing a program through the school called Cougar Kittens Basketball.  This also meets on Saturdays, makes for a long day of basketball on Saturdays...just ask Grace!  Laine scored a basket her first game and got a steal last game.  I can see improvement... that's what counts...that and she is having fun!  Here are a couple pics from basketball.  I'm not a great sport photographer, so bear with these pics.

I can't believe January is already 1/2 over.  More posts to come... Grace's birthday is Saturday along with a Basketball double header, so I'll update more soon!  Take care!

2 comments:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Emma is so stinkin cute! I love the curls in her hair!

Michelle said...

I just love that little Emma! It made me smile when you mentioned the pink rollers! I LOVED it when I was little and my mom put those in her hair. We still do Kenzie's that way sometimes! :0)