Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Friday, January 16, 2009

BRRR!


Winter in Ohio, it is beautiful when it snows, but this cold weather is for the birds. It should never be in Negative numbers...that is just ridiculous! We live in Ohio, not Alaska! Oh well! I know I seem like a complainer, get over it, Chantal!

OK, I'm finished whining! With the snow and frigid temps, the girls havn't been in school since Wednesday at 1:00, when they were dismissed early! So they are getting a 5+ day weekend. That would be nice! Everything has been cancelled it seems like this week. Luckily for Emma we did finally have her E.I. class on Tuesday. I think she would have went crazy if we didn't. However, my volleyball was cancelled on Wed., the girls were sent home Wed, no Upwards practice on Thursday and now the guys basketball game is cancelled for tonight. Although, I think things are looking up, I haven't heard anything about Laine & Grace's game tomorrow so we might start to get back on track! We'll see! Good news is, it is supposed to warm up into the 20's tomorrow, that is the positive 20's not the negatives! Yea us!

Laine & Grace did get to go play a a friends house this afternoon for a few hours...that was nice for them...Thanks Brent & Amanda!

The girls haven't been allowed to play outside since it has gotten so cold, but they did take advantage last weekend and earlier this week.

Emma keeps saying "I play" and she throws her arms up and down over her head. She loves making snow angels...see!
If you have read this blog for a while you may remember our turtle, named Tuck. Well, poor Tuck was left in our little sandbox that has been transformed into a little pond for Tuck. Well, as you can guess with our nice Ohio weather, Tuck has been frozen in the "pond". The girls are trying to get him out of the ice cube...they asked for a hammer...I refused!
The girls got out the sleds and tried to sled down our little driveway slope. (I'm a bad Mom & wouldn't drive them all the way out to the resorvoir to go down a real hill) They had fun until Laine came running in saying "Emma's bleeding!" So I ran out there to "save" her and here she had went down the slope and bumped her nose on the sled. So she had a bloody nose, but she was fine once I got it stopped. Here is a pic from before the accident.

While they were doing that I was working on baby shower things for Trisha's shower next weekend. I'm so excited. I think she'll like it....I hope! I'll have pics to post on that in a couple weeks.


Everyone take care and stay safe and WARM!

No comments: