Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Our Lives...Exciting or Not

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ode to Summer 2008

Well, summer is almost over…believe it or not school starts on Wednesday. We have had a busy, fun summer that has once again went flying by! When I was growing up I always heard the adults around saying, “I can’t believe how fast time goes by,” I thought they were crazy! Besides summer break the rest of the year crept by so slowly. Gosh Darn, they were right! A summer here, a school year there, another 30- something birthday over there before you know it your oldest is in 3rd grade. (One of the years I remember most from elementary!) There is still a bit of summer left, but once school starts it seems like you blink and it is almost Christmas and I am rushing around trying to shop for everyone. More about that in another blog…in a couple months.
We have had a good summer…no major catastrophes, thank the Lord!! We went to a couple of races, Jerry got runner-up in one, so that is good! We went to the Argosy Casino, to Cincinnati for a couple Reds games, hit the malls, took the kids to NewPort Aquarium, went swimming at Grandma’s, had friends over, the girls had a couple sleepovers, walked many miles at the resorvoir, had a great garage sale, went to Columbus Zoo with the College gang, went swimming, had the 1st annual Mommies Day, had some suppers with friends, went swimming, had the harley party, fed the pigs lots of food, watched the pigs grow and grow, bailed some hay, got a turtle named Tuck, went swimming and found out I’m going to be an Aunt!
I’m sure I’ve missed a bunch, like Laine getting her ears re-pierced and Grace losing a few baby teeth and Emma learning her personality and ability to jump off of furniture and other things. We have had a great time this summer, but the girls are ready to go back to school and so am I and Grandma (Laine & Grace have decided they love to pick and fight with each other and it drives mom NUTZ!
Well, I know I’m babbling on and on about summer…the one thing I learned is time is precious,
never take anything for granted and I am adicted to blogs! I hope you and your families had as great a summer as we did! 1st day of school pics will be posted soon! Check back!!

No comments: