Well, today was the date of the 1st Annual Mom's Day Out (down in Kris's neck of the woods) for the group of 1994 VW grads. Like with most plans, they didn't go exactly as planned. Instead of 7 or 8 of us, there was ME! Having families makes it so hard to get us all together, but we all understand so, not a big deal! It would have been great to see everyone, but we hope the idea catches on and more will be able to make it next year. Just because it was only me and Kris doesn't mean we didn't have a WONDERFUL time!
I got there around 10:30, I got see Kris & Jeff's beautiful home. Quinn gave me a great tour! I finally got to meet Gavin & Aiden, they are such handsome young boys. Aiden has the best happy go lucky attitude and they all have the cutest smiles! Kris and I left and went to get pedicures, after a minor complication :) , we went to IKEA! WOW! I was amazed. It was definately an experience! I had a great time. Prices on some things were hard to believe. I like the different ideas they have for some things. Everyone should experience IKEA! We then went to a Mexican place for lunch. It was yummy and very filling...no supper needed for me tonight! Kris then took me to Kenwood (I think that was the name) to show me the great big shopping center. It was sooo big, we couldn't find a parking spot and since we are moms, we changed plans and went across the street and went to Old Navy. Found ourselves a couple cheap things on sale! Always fun.
But to tell you the truth, the best part of the whole trip (besides driving down and back without changing radio stations to keep the kiddies happy and putting up and down windows and updating how long we have left) was just getting to talk with Kris! We should have made it a priority to do this a long time ago, but today made up for it! I am so lucky to have so many wonderful friends, from long ago, not so long ago, and all the others in between!
Thanks Kris for the great day! I hope the rest of you VW women can make it next year!
1 comment:
Hey there! Hope the big sale is going well...I worked on my page a bit...www.motycka6.blogspot.com! Check it out! See ya soon!
Carole and the gang
Post a Comment